Calling all first year MES students!
Interested in advocating for student issues and rights? Want to help retain our unique funding status as the only student organization on campus with a designated RTF fund? Want to plan fun and educational events for your fellow students? Have ideas about making the student experience better in our faculty? Then represent your student body on GESSA! The Graduate Environmental Studies Student Association is funded by, run by and works on behalf of MES students.
What positions are open?
3. Internal Communications Officer
4. External Communications Officer
5. Social Events Coordinator
6. Research and Travel Fund (RTF) Officer
7. Advocacy Officer
When are the positions in effect?
All positions (except the CRO) will be for the period of May 1st 2015 – April 30th 2016. The transition period will start on February 24th, 2015, where you will be working alongside the current executive to learn the ropes and start planning for Fall/Winter 2015 academic year.
What do we do?
– arrange orientation events
– coordinate social, educational, and network events throughout the year
– solicit student concerns and advocate on your behalf
– execute the Research and Travel Fund throughout the year
– execute the nomination of student representatives to FES and York Councils and Committees
– network with other student groups and governance to assist and leverage the social capacity for FES
How can you get involved?
The election process will start on February 12th, 2015. It will be administered by the Chief Returning Officer (TBA). Check out the attached Nomination Package for information.
What renumeration is offered?
This is a voluntary position. It looks great on a resume and may be useful when applying for awards and bursaries (some require your participation in student civic life or volunteer work). You make great connections with peers and professors! And you get to work with a great team of people and make life long friends.
See the link below to the nomination package which contains information on eligibility and important dates.
GESSA Election 2015